Saturday, July 26, 2008

Gooseberry and Cinnamon Yogurt


Inspired by a Catherine Tate sketch, I created a gooseberry and cinnamon yogurt (with suggestion by Laurie and help acquiring gooseberry jam by Matt). With expired nonfat plain yogurt from Aldi, gooseberry jam from Barry Farm in western Ohio and Ceylon cinnamon from World Market, I concocted a surprisingly-tasty flavored yogurt. After smelling the jam, I was unsure of how it would taste, but mixed together it was creamy and tart, smooth and chunky with a subtle spice. Here is the rough recipe:

  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt

  • 2 tablespoons gooseberry jam

  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon


Makes about 1/2 cup. Mix together all ingredients and serve.

2 comments:

normalkid said...

Fergus, Imogen, Chloe and I are having a cinnamon and gooseberry yogurt. Would you like a gooseberry and cinnamon yogurt?

Kris said...

I don't know. I've never tried it. I'm still trying to get my head around humus.